12/13/09

Fourteenth entry

Hey blog buddies! 12 freakin days til Christmas!

Before I start, I need to ask you guys not to judge me on what I am about to say and write about....


Promise? good!

I use a GPS to navigate around Sudbury. I'm not even kiddiing... Like, not all the time, but since I live in the middle of nowhere, added to my already horrid sense of direction, I get lost really easily. The GPS itself was a gift for my stepfather for his birthday, but I snagged it and it's pretty much alway in my car.

So, here's the event of the week.

I'm going through the backroads in Sudbury, in the residential area off of Lasalle, by Cambrian College... Anyway, my aunt lives back there. So I punched in the destination and I just had to stop at Starbucks because I was passing it... I go in, come back out, and the GPS is off. FUCK! I didnt save the address! I think the thing saves them automatically somewhere, but I couldn't find it. So I punch in the address I thought it was, and the stupid thing tells me to go to Lively. Now, I don't have a good sense of direction, but I know she donesn't lives anywhere near Lively! So I just decide :"I'm gonna be efficient and independant and get there myself!" .... Bad idea... ended up in some weird parking lot somewhere by the mall... So this is like 20 minutes late already.. SO I just call and ask her for the address again... ok, the GPS picks it up and I'm on my way. Somehow, the GPS magically turned dutch on me! and it's all like: "Draaii Linker!" and I had no idea, so I just turned right. Then the GPS starts giving me attitude and says.. Draaii Linker! and I'm like :"I did Draii Linker bitch!" (note, I try not to look at the screen while im driving because It's distracting, so I just took a chance and figured Draaii means left. Actually, Draaiii means turn) So I make a completely illegal U-turn in the middle of this road, and go LEFT. A little while later, it just starts talking saying things like :"in vijf honderd meter draai verlaten" So I figured, vif means five probably, and hondred meter means hundred meter. I thought that verlaten must have meant right if Linker means left. So, turn left in 500 hundred meters. OKAY! Epic failure! Verlaten means left too! what the hell kind of language has two words for left? Seriously! Anyway, I realized pretty fast that Verlaten also means left because the GPS was trying to sabotage my car and make me turn into a huge ditch. Someone at the GPS company is out to get me, I swear, because at that point I stopped to try and change the language, but couldn't because everything was in dutch. The whole time I was stopped, it wanted me to go "verlaten". Finaly I just put the GPS up by my mirror so that I could just watch where I'm supposed to go but the stupid thing doesn't shut up! I swear, the german lady that makes the voice is much meaner than the english lady because the dutch lady just sounds mean. It tells you to make a U-turn (u-draaii) in the freaking driveway! So anyway, I'm very mad at my GPS right now, because I was 45 minutes late. And when I told my family why I was so late, they just laughed at me! And I was like: "Umm...hello? someone's terrorising my GPS" and then my uncles like :"Umm...hello? you just have to hit the word "taal" on the main screen because taal means language in dutch." and then I was like :" well....the mean dutch lady should've just told me that when I wasn't following her directions appropriately."

Because of this whole incident, I think I may write a letter to Garmin asking them to permanently fix my GPS to strictly English and French...

Happy Groping!

1 comment:

  1. SO I was reading this in class and I just laughed the whole way through. German of all languages..it's like the funniest shit to hear LMAO
    BUT, maybe you should consider getting to know your hometown cause you know just saying but you kinda LIVE HERE.
    :P ;)

    ReplyDelete